Max Mara Mayhem

I'm back with another post and this time I wanted to talk about the winter coat. Now, I know it is currently summertime in South Africa, but I have been looking at a lot of winter clothes as I am headed for the UK soon. 

So, we have been seeing the over-sized coat everywhere. I think the person I have loved it the most on is Kim Kardashian. In the winter time, people generally tend to go for dark colours such as your greys and blacks, especially when it comes to outerwear but I love how Kim has steered well away from going the dark route midst the colder months. Coats are most lovely in pastel colours, they don't appear as heavy as they do in the black. One of my favourite looks is when Kim was out-and-about in NYC dressed in a Fall 2013 Max Mara mustard yellow coat. I have never been a fan of yellow or any variation of it, but even I will admit, it looked amazing with the way she decided to style it. 

By the way, aren't you loving her Tom Ford gold chain sandals?!



The second look I would like to obsess over is Kim's go-to Manuela Max Mara coat from the AW13 collection. It's so effortless and simple and she has managed to dress it both up and down. 
On the right, Kim wears a matching shift dress and her holy grail Azzedine Alaia nude sandals.
In her second outfit, she opted for a simple grey T, stretch leggings and her Giuseppe Zanotti for Balmain lace-up studded booties. LOVE!


In a set I created on Polyvore (seen below) are two looks I have styled with a similar, less expensive camel coat. To the left is a very casual look that I actually favour more than I do the dressed up look. Ideally, these are looks city-walking/university appropriate which may explain my anti-high-heels approach. The left entails a cozy sweater and high-waist denim trousers paired with classic white Converse hi-tops. I snuck a classic Fedora in there just to add a touch of class and character to the look. On left, I still keep it very simple with an adorable playsuit/romper, a pair of tights and (winter must-have) Chelsea Boots. I chose a fur collar to add a bit of glam to the outfit, and dark crimson red lips for an edgier look.

The Coat

The Coat by estrelaevra featuring a brown coat

For my absolute favourite, I have left for last which is the Max Mara Teddy Bear coat. Oh my, I love this coat. It looks so cozy and comfortable. There is not much to say about this bad boy; it pretty much speaks for itself. It has been dubbed 2014's MOST WANTED item for fall..


The Teddy Bear Max Mara encompasses all that ever was and ever will be.

Labels: , , ,