STILL LOVING | MAC Strobe Cream


Summer is about having glowing and highlighted skin. Apart from spending hours in the sun to get it, there are some shortcuts I just love. In a previous post I spoke about my favourite powdered highlighter, Global Glow by MAC. After some research on more illuminators, I just felt I had to get their Strobe Cream.  Beauty lovers adore this moisturiser because it's designed to enhance the effects of light all over the skin both in sunlight and in the spotlight.

But MAC Strobe Cream (R360) also contains world class vitamins and a large dose of green tea which helps to boost the look of tired and dull looking skin. While the holiday period is meant for rest, you'll actually find that you in fact did very little of that. With the task of entertaining cousins and nieces and nephews, parties with friends, endless cookouts and BBQ's, you don't really rest. Being out and about 7 days a week, all week will eventually begin to take its toll on your skin. You need something that is good for restoring its natural balance and this is why I chose this product. 


The MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter (R255) pen in Peach Lustre is also a favourite of mine although I mainly use it as a colour corrector for dark circles and other pigmentation problems scattered across the face. This highlighter pen is great to apply before your foundation, and can be used instead of concealer if you're going for a light coverage look. 

I also decided to include my Sleek Highlight and Contour Palette because its still a favourite of mine. The middle pan is quite similar to Global Glow in colour but I love the bronze pan for a more bronzed out "sun goddess" look. This palette isn't available in South Africa (as far as I know) but sells at Superdrug in the United Kingdom for £9.99.

Do you have a favourite when it comes to highlighters? What are your thoughts on powdered highlighters and liquid highlighters like Strobe Cream by MAC?

sigblogger

Labels: ,