My Ultimate Autumn Palette!


We're still in that happy period, you know, where it's still summer during the day but the evenings have begun to turn somewhat chilly. Well, as my favourite season fast approaches, I thought I would kick off my first autumnal post with a tribute to my most loved eyeshadow palette of all time. And I mean, all time

Perfect for beginners or well-rounded beauty enthusiasts, the MAC Warm Neutrals Eye Shadow x15 Palette is rated very highly in my books. It boasts fifteen gorgeous eye shadows in an array of different textures, finishes - veluxe pearl, satin, frost, velvet, matte, lustre - and fair to dark sultry hues. 

The first thing you'll love about it is its versitilty. The ability to create daytime and evening looks is effortless. For daytime, you'll more than likely focus your attentions on the left-hand-side of the palette where eye shadows such as Hey, Vanilla Extract and Creative Copper fill up the pans. For evening time, the right-hand-side's Dance In The Dark, Amber Lights and Dark Brew will appeal to you.


And as if it wasn't obvious already, this eyeshadow palette compliments warm to deep skin tones exceptionally well. Completely worth the R1200 it retails for, all the eye shadows in the MAC Warm Neutrals Palette are incredibly pigmented and can be used wet or dry. 
Try spritzing your eye shadow brush with MAC Fix + before dipping it into Amber Lights. 
But, in case you aren't ready to make the big commitment to this palette, have a look at the MAC Burgundy x9 Palette (R750). It is made up of nine beautiful warm shades and is conveniently compact, you could carry it anywhere and everywhere should your sundowners turn into a night out! Oh crap, I just gave myself a reason to purchase it! 

While MAC Burgundy x9 is available at most MAC counters and stand-alone stores, I do believe the MAC Warm Neutrals Palette is only available at MAC Cosmetics flagship stores so try your luck at the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town or Sandton City in Johannesburg.

Have you picked up this palette or thinking of it? Let me know below :)

Labels: , , ,