The Perfect Everyday Blush


I'm not the biggest fan of blush. It's why I have literally two or three and they are all more or less the same colour. Deep oranges, burnt reds and subtle crimsons are phenomenal on warm to deep complexions. You just can't go wrong and if there ever is one you are on the hunt for, Estée Lauder's Wild Sunset is a good place to start.

Your everyday blush should be subtle enough for the office yet bold enough to give you a radiant look. For women of colour, I recommend to stay away from bright pinks and pearlescent hues. More often than not they won't flatter and will either leave you looking ghostly or like a clown. 

My ultimate everyday blush is therefore Wild Sunset which forms a part Estée Lauder's Pure Color range. It's beautifully pigmented with a shimmery finish so you know that it will also provide you with a natural glow. 


This is definitely one for the office, and it's conveniently compact and inclusive of a mini contouring brush to also add to your handbag. The selling price? R535. I know, it's a little steep but totally worth it and a little goes a long way. When grabbing my fluffy blush brush, I swipe some product on to it and dab the excess back into the pan. I've used it daily for two months and the bottom is nowhere in sight.

Do you have a blush you reach for on a daily basis? Let me know below....

Labels: , ,