More Micellar Madness!



The beauty industry is ensconced with micellar cleansers. We love the concept because they  are incredibly gentle on the skin and are not made of a foaming solution that contains soaps and harsh chemicals. Instead, the science behind micellar waters is that the formula is made of micelles - tiny balls of cleansing oil molecules - which are suspended in water. These small molecules grab onto dirt, make-up and oil build-up, cling on to them and finally dissolve them. What does this mean for you? A less complicated and convenient solution to everyday cleansing! So I recently received three micellar cleansers to try. Two from Garnier and one from L'Oréal Paris. Interestingly enough, I wasn't familiar with the fact that L'Oréal Paris had their own but nevertheless I was eager to put it to the test. 

1. Garnier Micellar Extra-Gentle Cleansing Wipes 
So I love these! Bloggers know there's no better way to put wipes to the test other than when you're doing some lip swatches! I used this in my latest where I show my favourite autumn and winter lip combinations and removing the tough lip paints and liners was effortless. It goes without saying that these wipes were gently yet did a superb job at removing excess dirt and make-up. My skin didn't tingle and turn cerulean, in fact I also used these wipes to remove my eye make-up and it performed just as good. I would also recommend these if you travel and you fear your micellar cleansing water leaking.

2. L'Oréal Paris Skin Perfection Micellar Water 
New to me, this micellar water didn't disappoint. Quite similar to Garnier's version, it removed make-up from my face, lips and eyes effortlessly without any irritation. It also claims to purify and unclog pores which means you can sleep better at night if you were feeling any guilt for not going the full monty and actually washing your face. Another perk? It tones and is suitable for sensitive skin.

3. Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
I have reviewed the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Waters previously so you can read that blog post. What differs here, however, is the size. At 125ml, this is super convenient if you're a travel bug and constantly on the go. Like it's wipes version, it is hypoallergenic, doesn't have any fragrance and requires zero rinsing. 

You can pick this micellar trio from Clicks stores!

Labels: ,