Out With The Old! MAC Empties!


Every makeup loving girl remembers their first foundation purchase. Mine happened to be from MAC Cosmetics and it was the Pro Longwear SPF15 Foundation. Ever since then, my collection has grown and I have accumulated a few empties along the way. A lot of them have already seen the bottom end of a trashcan but as I was about to give these empties the same fate, I thought it would be a great idea to share what I loved/hated about them and if I will be repurchasing. 


MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF15 Foundation
Price: R380
This is definitely one of my favourite MAC foundations. My initial reason for purchasing was because I needed a slightly less expensive option to use on an everyday basis. Its coverage is quite good provided you make use of a great primer but I do suggest using a powder over it, especially if you have an oily t-zone. The original bottle does not come with a pump so I opted to purchase a foundation pump to get better control of the product.

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer 
Price: R295
I used to use this concealer religiously for a couple of years. It's formula is beautifully lightweight and matte but still manages to cover blemishes and pigmentation effectively. It comes with a pump so this of course makes application effortless. There really is nothing preventing me from repurchasing, I just simply haven't had a need to once I begun using the LA Girl PRO HD Concealer. 

MAC Strobe Cream
Price: R430
The Strobe Cream is my most absolute favourite product to use before applying foundation. It provides a beautiful iridescence to the skin that will leave you with a glow even after foundation application. It also has amazing skincare benefits such as vitamins and antioxidants. When you're giving full coverage foundation a skip, you'll love this paired with a BB or CC cream. Also, you can choose to use this on top of your foundation as a highlight, especially if you're going for a natural look or using liquid/cream products.

MAC Prep + Prime Lash
Discontinued
What a shame to say that this product has been discontinued. It was my first introduction to eyelash primers and subsequently got me hooked. Effortlessly coating to condition, separate and elongate each lash in preparation for optimal mascara application was what the MAC Prep + Prime Lash did. However, don't despair. Smashbox have an equally decent (if not better) alternative. 

MAC In Extreme Dimension Mascara
Price: R250
If you're all too familiar with the struggle of short lashes, you'll love this next product. It does an amazing job at adding extra length and volume and I was very pleased with it while it lasted. However, beware as the product is quite thick making it easy for it attach to the brim of the tube and subsequently dry entirely too quickly. However, if you're in need of a quick fix to short eyelashes, this is it!

Do you have any beauty products that are on their last leg? Share with me below...

Labels: ,