Inexpensive Beauty To Get Excited About!


As much as I love to splurge on beauty, I also crave the odd bargain buy. Pharmacies like Clicks and Dis-Chem stock a great selection of make-up products most of which are often of a better quality than some high-end products. I recently had a bunch delivered to my door and after trying out a couple, thought I would share my thoughts...

1. Catrice Blush Artist Shading Palette
I'm a big fan of palettes and blushes happen to be my favourite. They often appear in trios where the lightest shade acts as a highlighter and the darkest as a light contour/bronzer. The Catrice Blush Artist Shading Palette in CorAll I Need boats three harmonious and long lasting blush shades with coral and berry tones.  The powders are velvety of which one is matte and the remaining two (including the highlight) are shimmer. I certainly see this as a spring/summer palette so if you're stocking up for the warmer seasons definitely consider this one!

2. Essence Soft Touch Mousse Make-Up
Ahh mousse! It almost looks good enough to eat. Almost! So Essence recently came out with some darker shades in their much-loved lightweight matte-finish foundation. It's so velvety soft, I couldn't resist dipping my finger inside. It does, however, apply onto the skin quite dry so if you're combination skinned like me I would suggest a hydrating primer prior to application or wetting your BeautyBlender® and buffing it in. The shade 50 matt caramel matched me perfectly. I will add that it will leave your skin looking airbrushed by the second layer!

3. Claudia Stevens Eye Prep Lid Primer
There are a couple of things I like about this eyelid primers. First is the packaging. It comes in a tube, (quite similar to a gloss) and has a sponge applicator which allows the product to glide onto the lids effortlessly. It's light flesh toned (I am unsure if other shades exist) which I am a fan of so eyeshadow shades can show up on the lids more.

4. Catrice Sand Nudes Eyeshadow Palette
My love for palettes continues as we take a look at the nudes offered in the Catrice eyeshadow palette in Hug S'and Kisses. It contains six trendy sand nude shades that I can see suiting most if not all complexions. The darker shades will work beautifully in the crease to help define your eye shape while the lightest can be used on the brow bone as well as the inner corner of the eye. Save the coral-orange for all over your lid. This is also one of those palettes that will be super convenient when you want to turn your daytime look into a glamorous smokey eye.

5. Catrice Prime and Fine Beautifying Primer
And last but not least comes my favourite product out of the bunch. New to Catrice primers, I was eager to see what the fuss was about as I have heard many great things about most of their products. The Catrice Prime and Fine Beautifying Primer is no exception. Already a fan of illuminating moisturisers and creams, this tube of goodness checked all of the boxes for me. If you're looking for a MAC Strobe Cream dupe, this is it. Its consistency is incredibly soft and its finish is magical and iridescent. It has a soft focus effect and also contains the very beneficial ingredient, Vitamin E. If you haven't tried these yet, don't be like me and delay. Join the bandwagon now!
Have you tried any of these and did you have any favourites?

Labels: , , ,